Saturday, January 4, 2014

Many firsts



Two weeks off with my family.  I don't think it gets any better than that.  I know how fortunate I am to have a job that affords me that and I don't take it for granted at all.  Now that Damien is teaching as well, we have our schedules completely in sync.  That is a first.

Max has grown up so much over this holiday break.  He is sleeping in a twin bed now.  He is so tiny compared to all of the bed around him.  But it is his bed and he no longer has a crib.  That is a first.

Since he moved out of his crib, he has now decided that he (finally) wants to start using the potty for real.  It is still in the early stages but it is in a stage.  That is a first.

Santa came to our house this year.  My family has always done Christmas morning together, my brothers and my mom.  In past years Damien, Max and I have gotten up and gone to my mom's house to keep with tradition and because honestly, it has been hard for me to give up.  Last year, my brother pointed out that since we are all over 30 now, we didn't have to get up at the break of dawn to do Christmas gifts.  Instead, Damien, Max and I could wake up here, do presents as a family and then head to my mom's and continue with our tradition, just a few hours later.  So Santa came here.  That is a first.

Sledding.  Today we took him sledding.  In our backyard, down our small hill.  We put on our snowboard gear and joined in the fun.  And boy was it fun.  Although I may have inadvertently thrown a snowball in Max's face.  I was quickly forgiven.  We laughed and we played with Dex and we captured some really great memories.   We went sledding.  And that was a first.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!