Saturday, February 26, 2011

Max's 5th month

In one week, my baby will be 6 months old.  I can't even begin to wrap my head around that.  Six months old.  And what a little boy he has become.  Or big boy, I should say.  He is over 16 pounds now.  He laughs all of the time.  Seriously.  He is such a happy little baby.  The picture of him with the huge smile on his face is one that I got from my (wonderful!!!) daycare provider.  It came with a text that said "Hi mom, I'm having a fun day.  Love you!"  It doesn't get much better than that.  He loves blowing raspberries, jumping and the word poop.  I am a little nervous that it might actually be his first word.  It cracks him up every time we say it, so we end up saying it a lot!  His sleeping habits have gotten drastically better.  He generally goes down around 7:30 or 8:00pm.  I am still nursing him and once in a while, he eats in the middle of the night but lately, he goes until 5:30am without eating.  He does usually wake up once or twice and needs me to put his pacifier back in but he has come such a long way from where we started.  He's also clearly ready for solids.  We wanted to wait until he was officially 6 months old to start but when I was out tonight, Damien gave him his usual 6 ounce bottle and Max wanted more and ended up taking 10 ounces total.  He loves to watch us eat and the last few days he has been smacking his little lips, almost like a little old man without his dentures.  He loves singing and loves to pull my hair.  That I can do without!

Here are some snapshots from the past month.  Each and everyday that passes I am more and more in love with my little family...









(apparently this is the month that Damien and I start exploring with putting things on Max's head...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!