Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Over the week(end)

It's been a week now since my last post and a lot has happened.  The pictures are from our Friday evening, when I got restless but was unable to do much so we headed out to the local ice-cream shop and got some black raspberry ice cream.  It is a farm and it was just getting dark so we found a secluded picnic table, ate ice cream and took pictures with our phones.  Honestly, it was just what I needed.

Saturday we had an end-of-the-summer bbq with some friends and family.  Maybe not the best idea when you are due to have a baby in 3.5 weeks but we had fun and it was a nice way to end the summer.  I was on my feet a little too much (which I am still paying for as I type) but it was my own doing and well worth it.

Sunday Damien had to get up and be on the road by 5am to head to Burlington, VT to do a photoshoot.  I spent the day cleaning, napping and getting ready for the first day of school.  How quickly the summer flies...

So that brings us to this week.  We had our opening day of school on Monday and a professional development day Tuesday.  Today was the first day of school for freshmen and the rest of the school comes tomorrow.   I have to say it is a bit strange to be back at school, knowing that any day now I could be having our baby and be out of school for another 12 weeks!  Crazy.

Yesterday we had our 37 week appointment (I plan on doing pictures tomorrow if it isn't so freaking hot!)  I am 1 centimeter dilated and Max's head is down so it's just a waiting game.  I keep telling myself that if my water breaks in the middle of teaching, the kids will understand but I'm not quite so sure.  I did warn them all today that I may leave in the middle of class and not come back for 3 months and not to take it personally but we'll have to wait and see.  I had a dream the other night that he came early and he was so unbelievably adorable (looked just like a little Damien, minus the glasses and tattoos!)

We love you Max and can't wait to meet you...

1 comment:

  1. Just caught the last paragraph here - how funny that the dream came true! Congrats again to you guys, he's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!