Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mad Men maternity photoshoot

Let me tell you a little about this day.  It all kind of worked out serendipitously.  Damien and I had gone into Boston the weekend before to do the Brandon Keith photoshoot for his friend on Newbury Street.  We had been planning on doing our maternity shoot for a while but just never had the time or the exact resources that we needed.  At this point, I was 8 months pregnant so we knew time was ticking.  After spending the day with Meghan, we knew we wanted her to do my hair for the pictures.  Damien had an upcoming engagement shoot at the Boston Aquarium that coming Sunday.  We figured that would be the perfect day to finally do our photoshoot.  We called Meghan right away to see if she was available to spend an hour or so to do my hair and she was.  We already had most of the details planned out, minus our exact location.  So on Sunday, we packed up the car with our pram, picnic basket and blanket, and my and Damien's Sunday best.  We looked like we were off to church, which is kind of funny since we are not religious, at all.  We got to Meghan's and she set and styled my hair, and did an amazing job.  Then it was off to find a location.  Originally we wanted to do a street in Boston, maybe the Back Bay or something, but we soon realized we were running out of time, as Damien had to meet the other couple at 5pm.  We finally decided to head to East Boston, since afterwards I was going to be hanging out with one of my best friends who has an apartment there while Damien did the photoshoot.  We found a great park and set up shop.  Let me just say, we got a bunch of strange looks as the two of us rolled that empty pram into the park, with all of our photo gear inside and no baby.  But we just went with it, set up the tripod and lights and started shooting away.  It did happen to be the windiest day of the year, I swear, and so it made for an interesting couple of hours.  The light stand kept blowing over and at one point, Damien went to pick up his large camera bag to brace against it and everything fell out onto the ground.  But, we managed to have a very successful day, and have some great photos to show for it.  I know there are a lot here, but I like them all for different reasons.  We have one framed already in our house (it was at my baby showers) and we are going to pick another to blow up large and frame.  We are already planning our next photoshoot, but we need to act fast.  I only have 4 weeks left...

8 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I've never seen Mad Men (I realize I'm pretty much the only person not watching it) but I love 50's inspired looks. You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. What a fabulous idea! I love it.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Lovely photos and your hair looks fabulous!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I thought I was going to comment on one of the photos first, but now that I scrolled to the end and saw that fabulous hairdo ... I have to say that your hair is the best part! My favorite one is def the one with Damien at the wheel. Switching of roles, while at the same time, looking very old-fashioned. New and old. And love the tiger print. You guys rock. Way to be awesome. - <3 Cal Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these pictures! Someday Max will look at these and see what a stylish mom he has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool idea! Love the styling. You look great and hope everything is going smoothly.

    www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!