Monday, June 21, 2010

The last days of school...










are finally here! 2 more days and then summer freedom. I had 2 final exams to give today and 2 more tomorrow. This has been one long and difficult year but there has been so much good mixed in so I cannot complain. Once school is officially done I will do a (school)-year-in-review post.

I am hoping to get back into regular postings too this summer. I anticipate having the time but I guess you never know how things will go. I am excited to do some new things this summer. Once the basement is done, I will have a dedicated arts and crafts area where I will be setting up shop most of the summer. I am getting my first sewing machine and hope to get back into some different things I used to love doing (making wallets out of old Altoid tins and photos, decorating around the house, to name a few). I need to finally make our window valances (I have had the fabric ready to go for some time now) and I would love to start altering my own clothing. Oh, and the nursery. I am anxiously awaiting the day that I can start putting our vision into action. We are picking paint colors now and then we should be off and running...

Speaking of getting back into old hobbies, I once was pretty good at taking pictures. Damien and I used to go off on adventures and take photos for hours. I have a halfway decent camera (Nikon D50) that never gets any use anymore. I have become so lazy with my self-style shots, always relying on the point-and-shoot. I am usually disappointed with the quality of the photos themselves but have sort of resigned myself to the fact that they are a means to an end. It is amazing the difference in photos when Damien is taking the pictures and when I am. So, with that said, I will be dusting off the old D50 and will be taking more photographs this summer instead of quick pictures to post. I am including some of my favorite shots that I have taken over the last few years.

yellow scarf- gifted from friend
red sunglasses- Heritage 1981 $5
white/red heart tank- ? old
denim pants- ? old
red flip flops- Walmart $2

1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit, I love how the glasses match the top!
    Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!