Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hiatus


So by now it is officially the longest I have gone without a post. But I can explain. My grandmother passed away on Sunday (which also happened to be our first wedding anniversary). I haven't really felt it appropriate to be posting what I am wearing to such events as her wake (last night) and her funeral (today). I am so happy that I got to spend the time that I did with her. She was with her sister and my mom when she passed and they said she was peaceful. I will miss her very much.

I am headed back to work tomorrow and hopefully back to a normal schedule (gym, self-style shots). This is also homecoming week at school and today was Country Day (I'll just have to rock my cowboy boots another day). If I were going to school today, I would probably wear something like this (this pic is from the summer; imagine a nice warm sweater and tights with this outfit and also hopefully a smile!)

cowboy hat- F21 $12
dress- Heritage 1981 $20
cowboy boots- Target $4 (clearance)

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. You are allowed not to post as long as you want:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I'm sad for you, Sarah. Be well in your time away from the blog, and don't you even stop to worry about not posting. We'll still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your grandmother! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun! I am a so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Please don't worry for a second about not posting. We love you... we will be here when you are ready to come back. :)

    xoxo
    Amy
    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear about your grandmother!

    4 dollar boots? My boots in my latest post were 50 bucks, if only. . .:) but love the look!

    xo ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am sorry to hear of your loss. i am glad you got to spend so much time with her. you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m sorry Sarah. My grandmther passed away a long time ago, but I´m happy i spend lots of time with her.
    I´m looking forward to see your usually nice outfitts again.
    xoxo,

    www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like you were very close to your grandmother (I always wish I had a close relationship with my grandparents). My most heartfelt condolences.

    I used to despise the idea of cowboy boots, but now I absolutely adore them! Yours are too cute, I love the rich brown color (:

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!