Monday, August 24, 2009

Weardrobe sessions-the last days of summer






I am not freaking out. I am not freaking out. I don't know how it happened, but this is officially my last week of summer vacation. I know, I know, I just had 8 weeks off from work. I don't expect any sympathy from the rest of the working world (you teachers understand though). It is just that I get so used to having time to do what I want when I want. I have said this before, I love my job. And I do. But once I am away from it for any length of time, it is hard to go back.
I get anxious, just like I did for 13 years of my life when I was the one going to school. I can't sleep and I have terrible, terrible dreams (you know the ones, you are in a building that you know you know but can't find anything you are supposed to or you realize it is the end of semester and you didn't attend one single class). Those are the dreams I am talking about. I have already had a few sporadically throughout the summer but they should be kicking into high gear right about now....

I did set some goals for this summer and I have done pretty well.

1. go to the gym (I have been 5 days a week since the last day of school minus 3 days)
2. do my wedding thank yous. (well half, but Emily Post says I have a year)
3. start running (I have started... not consistently but it is a start)
4. organize and catalog my clothes (hello blog!)
5. travel and see friends (although no big trips, Damien and I did our fair amount of traveling
and hanging out...)
6. work on the house (put up new hardware in the kitchen)
7. get started on my Class Measures program (license program for MA teachers) (it's still on my list)

I am sure I have had others but those are the major ones. Oh yeah
8. finally get my new license and passport (don't get me started on the passport)

Anyways, as summer winds down, I have to say that it was a productive one and I have had a blast doing my blog. I am dedicating this week to the last days of summer outfits and will have a new one each day (another goal!) Hopefully I can stick to this one too.

This shirt is a few years old and I can't remember where I picked it up. I have another that is grey and white striped. The Guess shorts are remixed and the shoes are from Payless. Hat and necklace F21 and glasses Heritage 1981.

4 comments:

  1. You're getting really good at this. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, it is the Mac product that solves the problem (Safari as opposed to Firefox for blog commenting). So, what I have been trying to comment is that you inspired me to cut some old jeans into cut-offs! I really needed a casual yet cute summer bottoms option. Anyway, I love the blog, it gives me lots of good ideas. I can't wait to see your school outfits!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!