Monday, August 17, 2009

Photography-Flowers





I've never been a rose kind of a girl. Funny because I never mentioned this to my husband when we first started dating. I guess that's why on our second date when he handed me a bunch of hand picked flowers, I kind of fell in love with him, right then, right there. It's not that I don't appreciate how beautiful a rose is. I just think that they are way too easy, way too cliche. I love flowers, but I love them in their natural state. No filler, no plastic wrap, just beautiful flowers. For our wedding, I chose gerbera daisies as my bouquet. I hesitate to say bouquet, since it was simply 7 brightly colored daisies, held together with a ribbon. No filler, no plastic wrap. My bridesmaids each carried one, lone daisy, and boy were they gorgeous. It only makes sense then that I would enjoy photographing flowers as well. It is easy to take a nice picture of one though, since they are beautiful already. In these shots, I was playing around with the depth of field, using a 50mm lens. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!