Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY doorbell cover


I have been wanting to do something to cover the hideous beige box that houses our doorbell in our hallway for quite some time now.  At first I thought I would find a decorative box to hang over it but after looking for a little while, I decided that making my own would be much more fun and I could make it however I wanted it.  I took a trip to Walmart and picked up a set of 3 boxes, the largest being just over 5'X7' and 2.5' deep.  I also grabbed some wood letters and a placard to pretty it up a little bit.  We have plenty of left over paint from our walls in the house so I used white and blue, the same colors that I used on the stool I made for Max for his birthday.  The whole project took me about an hour, plus an half hour to let the glued pieces set.  I am really happy with how it came out.  Here is the step-by-step of the project:















3 comments:

  1. Great idea, think I'll try this. How did you attach the box to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this amazing post. Now a days water proof video doorbell camera is easily available in market. I suggest you to use smart video doorbell camera. I appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!