Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY doorbell cover


I have been wanting to do something to cover the hideous beige box that houses our doorbell in our hallway for quite some time now.  At first I thought I would find a decorative box to hang over it but after looking for a little while, I decided that making my own would be much more fun and I could make it however I wanted it.  I took a trip to Walmart and picked up a set of 3 boxes, the largest being just over 5'X7' and 2.5' deep.  I also grabbed some wood letters and a placard to pretty it up a little bit.  We have plenty of left over paint from our walls in the house so I used white and blue, the same colors that I used on the stool I made for Max for his birthday.  The whole project took me about an hour, plus an half hour to let the glued pieces set.  I am really happy with how it came out.  Here is the step-by-step of the project:















2 comments:

  1. Great idea, think I'll try this. How did you attach the box to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you prepare for hunting season? Do you want to get nice quality and cheap price hunting camera? Now the chance is coming, Wosports Waterproof Hunting Camera for 50% discount off, only $54.49, waiting for you here: Hunting Camera 50% discount off

    Discount Coupons: GUGP-NZ8XXT-J4WGWJ; GUXZ-5NZUNE-UCNYUS; GUV4-2RCMBD-VZ7YUL; GUG5-3AHTP7-RWUSJZ; GUFA-4PQJTX-8KUCJY

    Waterproof Hunting Camera
    Sunglasses Wireless Bluetooth
    Wosports 7" Wireless Baby Monitor
    Wosports Waterproof Sport Camera
    Wireless Bluetooth Sunglasses
    DVR Waterproof Camera
    Wireless Wifi Visual Doorbell

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!