Monday, June 27, 2011

I feel so wonderful

Damien and I have joked that this will be the summer in which we pretended like we were rich.  Today was certainly one of those days.  We stayed over last night at the Provincetown Inn after Damien and our friends completed their bike ride.  It was an exhausting day for all of us, them because they had just ridden 150 miles in 2 days and me because I was in charge of getting Max and our friends' son, who is just over a year old, to Provincetown.  They made it in 7 hours, me in 4.  We spent the evening walking around P-town, which we decided is the happiest place on earth.  We even saw a rainbow on the walk back.  We had mexican food, ate gelato and then all passed out by 9:30pm.

Today, we headed over to a house that our friends' uncle and aunt had rented after they, too, finished the ride.  What an amazing house.  We spent the afternoon by the pool and then once again made the trek home.  This time, it was Damien and me together with only one baby and we made it home in 2 and a half hours.  Tomorrow, Max and my mom and I are heading out to the beach to visit some more friends. Then it's Charlestown RI and then Ireland... 














*today's title comes from the new My Morning Jacket CD.  It was on my entire trip down to P-town and back.  It certainly suited these past few days and it is an amazing album.  Be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!