Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday's style


And off we went again this morning.  This time, we only went to a few towns over from our house.  It's funny because I totally didn't mind Damien doing my photos here, even though we were on a residential street because we weren't in our home town.  There is something about him doing my pictures where we live that makes me feel so awkward.  Maybe it's because we know so many people, or because I teach in the same town too.  We have some great old mills around where we live too but unfortunately, I stay far away from them come picture time.

On one of our last trips to the Providence Place Mall, I went into J. Crew to check out the sale rack.  And boy am I glad that I did.  I ended up grabbing these pants, another pair of black pants and a belt all for under $60.  These pants alone were $98 originally and the other ones were $148.  Not a bad deal.  I checked it out again this weekend but nothing new had been added.  They are running a great online deal, 40% off the sale items, but it ends today so I'm not sure if I will be ordering anything new.  I also rediscovered this hat that I had bought years and years ago at The Gap.  I bought two of them, one for me and one for Damien, in brown and green.  I forgot just how warm they are.

The rest of today will be spent relaxing with Damien and Max, eating chinese food and watching the Patriot's game.  Oh, and relishing in the fact that I have tomorrow off!













hunter's cap- The Gap
white/blue striped shirt- Old Navy
blue cardigan- H&M
striped fingerless gloves- handmade by friend
black skinny jeans- J. Crew
brown sperrys- Berks

4 comments:

  1. I *love* those pants! I always wish I could pull pants off the sale rack. Unfortunately I'm at a weird height: regular pants are generally too short, but "tall" pants are generally a bit too long. So I end up getting the long pants because they look less stupid... but long pants are never on the sale rack. Once in a great while I find a pair of pants that fit off the sale rack, but not too often. I guess I just need to suck it up and find a good tailor. Or buy myself a sewing machine, because it can't be too hard to let a hem down, right?

    I've just started taking pictures for my blog, and it can be a bit awkward. I'm still trying to find a less awkward way to go about taking pictures of myself. I always think "Man, people must think I'm so vain/shallow/snotty for doing this!" But then I remember that I have fun with it and it's all ok. And I know I'm not vain/shallow/snotty, so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute hat and i love that gloves :)

    first giveaway: Hard Candy makeup products
    at: http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lady! How are you? OMG, I am so sorry that I have been mia from commenting,I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Hope all is well and you look so cute in your trapper hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hat on you! I have one myself and don't think I'll ever get rid of that thing. Also, the sperrys are looking great with that outfit! Very cute blog by the way!
    -Katie

    www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!