Monday, October 22, 2012

Playing adult

Sometime between buying a house, getting married and having a child, I think I became an adult.  Or at least I got better at playing one.  Although I have to admit that things happen all of the time that make me question how well I am doing in my role as adult.  Like when we run out of toothpaste and I realize that there won't be anymore until I go out and get some.  And I don't.  Or when the laundry continues to pile up and I realize that I am down to one more pair of underwear and I consider wearing bathing suit bottoms. And I do.  I chalk these things up to being a very busy adult.  I do have to say that Max always has toothpaste and clean undies (uh hem, diapers) so I guess I am doing alright after all.  One thing that has truly marked my passage into adulthood is my acquisition of a full-length mirror.  To be fair, Damien had bought me one years ago but my pre-adult self never hung it up (not for lack of trying, I have to say.  That thing was a royal pain-in-the-ass).  So I found myself a nice easy hang-over-the-door type mirror and what a difference.  Not only can I see my entire outfit (and how wearing bathing suit bottoms as underwear is not a good idea, at all) but I can document my outfits for all to see.  So here is my newest attempt at showing the world what I am wearing.  That's all for now.  There is laundry to do and a presidential debate to watch.  I am only going to do one of those things tonight.  I'll leave it up to you to guess which one.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!