Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Eve


Hi!
Happy new year (a little on the late side).  We had a wonderful New Year's Eve this year.  We wanted to do something with Max so we had some friends come over with their little ones so that the babies could all play and the parents could play too.  Halfway through the day it dawned on me that I really wanted to get dressed up for the occasion and so a few texts later it was decided that we would all wear our Sunday best.   I made dinner, complete with menus for both the adults and the kids, and we had champagne, wine, and beer to make the evening complete.  Oh, and cheesecake!

A friend of mine lent me this dress and I wore it without the black dress underneath it on NYE.  I was so hot from running around all day that I didn't really need anything else.  I wanted to try it with something else to give it a little more contrast with the black tights so I added this Modcloth dress underneath.   I think it makes it that much fancier.  I have to get better at jewelry though.  I have so much of it and just never take the time to put it on.

Hope you all had a wonderful New Year's celebration and beginning to 2012!








green dress- borrowed from a friend
black dress (worn underneath)- Modcloth
belt- remixed from tunic
black nylons- Target
taupe booties- Marshalls

The best part of our outfit shots are the ones that I get to snap of my boys...




We had quite a busy week as you can probably see by Max's forehead.  A fall at daycare, 2 trips to the ER, and a stomach bug later, the little guy is healing up pretty nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, I hope all is well & Happy New Year <3

    Tye
    http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!