Friday, June 10, 2011

This moment


There have been more than a few occasions when I have come across a picture of my baby that is so sweet that I feel a rush to my heart.  A full fledged wave of emotion that stops me from what I am doing and makes me just sit, think and smile.  Not being home with Max every day is a decision that I made and for me, it is the right decision.  Do I have to work?  I am not entirely sure.  I think we could possibly get by without my salary, at least for a little while.  But quite honestly, I love my job.  I am good at my job.  I want my job.  Of course I love my baby.  I love every single inch and roll and strand of hair that makes up his beautiful baby body.  I love his smiles, his giggles, his belly laughs.  I love his tears and his whines and the way he fights off every nap that he takes.  I love his babbles and his coos and his sweet baby songs.  Coming home from work everyday and spending the afternoons and evenings with my husband and our little boy is exactly what makes going off to work every morning worth it.  The moments we spend every evening, as a little family, in his room, with Max in my arms and his daddy by my side make me the happiest momma in the world.  The most perfect moments as he drifts off to sleep and I drift into my thoughts of days, and weeks and years to come.  Those moments.  This moment.  That's what it is all about.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is very brave of you to admit. And, someday when I have a child, I think I will feel exactly like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, such a sweet post. You rock! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!