Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week in review

Monday was spent on the beach, with some friends and their children.  It was the perfect beach day, which is funny since the weather people said it would be a wash out.  I have just given up on listening to forecasts.  They have ruined too many planned events, when they turn out to be just dead wrong.

Tuesday was spent at the zoo, with another friend and her children.  It was filled with baby llamas, baby goats and baby baboons.  Needless to say, it was a great day.  I then spent time with one of my best and oldest friends, who is moving tomorrow to Austin, Texas.  She is going to get her PhD and won't be living around here for a long time to come.  She has lived all over the place, including Austin once before, and Colombia, but this time it feels different that she is leaving.  I am happy for her and sad for me.

Wednesday is kind of a blur.  I had our annual Student Council lock-in which is exactly what it sounds like.  The kids get locked in the school from 7pm til 7am, with no sleep.  I have done it the past 2 years but this year, I had to call in backup.  I knew that it wouldn't be wise, or even possible, to stay up all night 8 months pregnant.  I went to the school yesterday at 3pm, to get ready with the kids on the executive board.  By 7:15, we had 50 students.  I only stayed until around 9:15 and then I went home to sleep.  I was up at 4:50 this morning to go back and relieve the help that I had brought in.  I was home by 7:15 and back to sleep for a few hours.  Damien and I then had our 33 week doctor's appointment, which went well.  I will hopefully have some pictures tomorrow to show my progress.  I can't believe how quickly it is approaching!

Tomorrow, two of my best friends from college are coming to spend the day with me.  It will be so nice to see them again.  Saturday is our birthing class and then Sunday is my baby shower.  I will have pictures of the nursery up next week, so stay tuned.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  You have until Sunday...

1 comment:

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!