Monday, September 7, 2009

Friday night with Joe




Joe was home from LA for a week and we spent the end of the week with him. He came out for a few weddings and his band Ingenue played on Thursday night at TT the Bears in Boston. They opened for Kay Hanley and because I am back at school and super lame, I didn't go to the show (sorry Joe!). Damien went and said they were great. We did hang out on Friday night, first at his parents where we had an awesome meal, and then out for the night at a bar. I must say, it is not my favorite bar, by any means, but we met up with a few other friends and had a good time.

I don't know what it is, but so often, right after I go shopping for new clothes, I have a really hard time putting an outfit together that I like. I have all of these great ideas as I am buying my new clothes, and then I get home and feel like I can't put an outfit together to save my life. Well, Friday night was one of those nights. I tried a few different things and finally decided on the blue/white striped shirt from F21, black banded denim skirt from Wet Seal and black flip flops from J Crew. The other outfit pictured here is a black long tank with gold and silver studs from Wet Seal and some denim looking leggings from Charlotte Russe. I think I would add a skirt to this outfit if I do wear it at some point. I'll let you know!

3 comments:

  1. i feel the same way. like i am full of ideas until it's time to get dressed and i forget them all. what's wrong with me?! i think you look great here though. love the embellished tank and the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the button-down shirt with skirt look. I already like the banded tank dresses that look like your skirt, but the longer sleeves make it classier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @D- Thanks. My goal this year is to incorporate all of my clothes into my rotation. Maybe this blog will help me reach that goal!!!

    @Erin-I agree. Just by adding sleeves, it changes the whole look of the outfit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!